As a voting citizen of California, The Dream Act (AB 131) is a hot button issue causing much stir. We are currently in college application season. As millions of high school seniors determine their college choices, thousands of undocumented students also ponder what schools will provide them the best support possible. Technically, AB 131 was supposed to be finalized last Friday (September 30, 2011). So far (at least to my knowledge), no official word if Gov. Jerry Brown has signed or vetoed. Until then, here’s a list of colleges that give undocumented students an opportunity at higher education.
Santa Clara University (check out the Hurtado scholarship!)
Whittier College (check out the Green Leaf scholarship!)
List is courtesy of Jose A Gutierrez (College Summit Los Angeles).
Stay tuned for another College Spotlight to be posted later tonight. Can you guess what it is? Private, Bay Area, and lots and lots of stairs…but it’s a nice view!
- lifeinthemargin reblogged this from inspirededucation
- inspirededucation reblogged this from letsgotocollege
- inspirededucation likes this
- lostinaforsest likes this
- huitayuta reblogged this from letsgotocollege
- peter-pansexual likes this
- carolinam103093 likes this
- anytimeanyplace1992 reblogged this from letsgotocollege
- weasleyowl likes this
- letsgotocollege posted this